09 June 2011

YouTube Please Don'ts

Hello, my lovelies!!

I didn't intend to do any makeup posts, over here, until I did right by my readers over at Lola in Wonderland, but it is 3 in the morning and I have spent a good 2 hours watching the WORST makeup tutorials imaginable (Thanks, Cam!). I am, by no means, a makeup artist. I'm just a woman who has been painting faces for over 10 years. I have done graduation picture makeup and prom makeup and NO ONE in my care came out looking like a clown. With this being said, there are a few things that I think should be top indicators that you should quickly exit a YouTube makeup tutorial. Here they are!

Please Don't:
  1. Use Vaseline as an eyeshadow base.
  2. Set your makeup, with powder, BEFORE using your concealer.
  3. Use Clear Eyes or any other kind of random eye drops to saturate your brushes before wet eyeshadow application.
  4. Use too much primer. You are supposed to add a THIN layer.
  5. Set your under-eye concealer with white eyeshadow.
  6. Use an eyeshadow pencil as a concealer.
  7. Use a straight razor on your eyebrows.
  8. Use nail glue to put on fake eyelashes.
  9. Create a deep crease that is basically a big black like that goes from your inner corner, all the way to the outer corner of your eye.
  10. Line your lips with black eyeliner.
Those are just ten things I think no one should do. EVER. If you do any of these things and have questions as to why these things are bad, I will gladly answer them. Some of these things are just procedurally wrong for makeup application, others are dangerous.

Hope this helped!

SWAK,

Lola

No comments:

Post a Comment