I didn't intend to do any makeup posts, over here, until I did right by my readers over at Lola in Wonderland, but it is 3 in the morning and I have spent a good 2 hours watching the WORST makeup tutorials imaginable (Thanks, Cam!). I am, by no means, a makeup artist. I'm just a woman who has been painting faces for over 10 years. I have done graduation picture makeup and prom makeup and NO ONE in my care came out looking like a clown. With this being said, there are a few things that I think should be top indicators that you should quickly exit a YouTube makeup tutorial. Here they are!
- Use Vaseline as an eyeshadow base.
- Set your makeup, with powder, BEFORE using your concealer.
- Use Clear Eyes or any other kind of random eye drops to saturate your brushes before wet eyeshadow application.
- Use too much primer. You are supposed to add a THIN layer.
- Set your under-eye concealer with white eyeshadow.
- Use an eyeshadow pencil as a concealer.
- Use a straight razor on your eyebrows.
- Use nail glue to put on fake eyelashes.
- Create a deep crease that is basically a big black like that goes from your inner corner, all the way to the outer corner of your eye.
- Line your lips with black eyeliner.
Those are just ten things I think no one should do. EVER. If you do any of these things and have questions as to why these things are bad, I will gladly answer them. Some of these things are just procedurally wrong for makeup application, others are dangerous.
Hope this helped!